Comparison of 4 different Vitamin Supplements
There are 53 million people in just the United States that suffer from joint pain. One of the main joint die-ease is osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is what they call it when the cartilage, which is what is normally protecting the joints, breaks down. What happens next is that you have bone rubbing against bone, causing inflammation and swelling. Otherwise known as it “HURTS.”
Medication can relieve joint pain almost immediately. Acetaminophen or any ace inhibitor like Advil are almost certain to help. What do you take for the long run? This Post is going to compare 4 brands of vitamin supplements that help with the inflammation of arthritis and rebuilding the damaged cartilage.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has estimates that the pain and stiffness of the joints and its associated conditions, is becoming a rising problem for the world population. The expense of taking care of the damage to joints and bones is becoming a tremendous health cost.
Osteoarthritis is said to already be affecting millions of people in the states and by 2040 the number is purported to climb another 25%.
There are Vitamins on the market that may be helpful. The reason I say may be helpful is because depending on your body, and everybody is different, it may react to one herb better than the next.
I am one that likes to know what I am taking. I have always looked up what the product is and where it comes from. What does it do and is it really something I need?
So, I am going to look at 4 different products that claim to help with joint pain and healing. Of course, we are all aware of the “Chondroitin and Glucosamine” products that are on the market by that exact name.
I am going to use Amazon for two reasons.
The first is because they have such a wide variety of items to choose from and this gives me the ability to shop for what I really want to buy. I may end up buying from someone else, but because I am a Prime member, I can usually get my product shipped for free. Admittedly I may also pay a little more.
- Second is that I am an affiliate of Amazon and may make a small amount of money from anything you may purchase.
Primal Joint Support & Healthy Inflammation – Fast-Acting Supplement, Whole-Body Flexibility, Active Mobility Men & Women – Celadrin, Turmeric Curcumin, Boswellia – 60 Vegetarian Soft Capsules
- Product Names: Prime This product can also be used on domesticated animals
- Manufacturer: Eu Naturals
- Sold By: Amazon
- Price: $29.99
This product has all the B vitamins and some mineral.
It also contains:
Frankincense how does it help the body. Its official name is Boswellia serrata, which comes from the African and Arabian Cotenant. When studies have been done on this it is found that the Indian Frankincense can help.
- Collagenous arthritis
- Crohn’s disease
- Menstrual cramps
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ulcerative colitis
Celadrin is a fairly new product that is said to help inflammation of the joints in both human and animals.
From the manufacturer of Celadrin: They claim that Celadrin reduces discomfort quickly. That it goes in and helps the individual cell become stronger which reduces its susceptibility to immune deficiencies. They call it stressors.
“Stressors can stiffen the cell membrane, reduce its integrity, and have adverse effects including pain and discomfort. Stressors can occur with age, dietary conditions, free radicals, injury or the like.
- Celadrin® reduces discomfort quickly in endothelial cells (thin cells that line the inside of somebody cavities.) It works directly on white blood cells reducing the production of immune factors responsible for discomfort and playing a role in the lubrication of affected joints.”
- Ginger – Is a well know spice that comes originally from China, and closely related to turmeric, cardomon, and galangal. It is known to have powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects
- Boron – Is a trace mineral. It helps keep the skeletal structure strong by adding to bone density. It is used to treat osteoporosis. It also is used in arthritis treatment to help improve strength and muscle mass. It is sometimes used to ease pain and inflammation in horses, sheep and other domesticated animals.
- Bio-Perine – Is from the fruit of the black pepper. It is said to help the digestive enzymes in the pancreas. It also helps in maintaining weight loss. It has a natural thermogenic ability and helps with the absorption of other vitamins and minerals.
- Turmeric Curcumin: Curcumin is an active ingredient in turmeric. Turmeric is a cooking herb and has a hot burning taste. It is used in curry. It has been used in Ayurvedic medicine along with traditional method because of its healing ability. It is even used on Dogs. It is a member of the ginger family.
Turmeric is known to: Prevent Blood Clots; Reduces the symptoms of Depression; Fights Inflammation; Boost skin Health – Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant properties; It may outperform common Arthritis drugs; It has Anticancer
Effects; Diabetes – it was found to be 400 times stronger than metformin; Obesity – it may help reduce proliferation of fat cells; Inflammatory Bowel Die-ease – it has aided in helping people with ulcerative colitis; Cholesterol – It is comparable to astorvastatin in treating high cholesterol; Pain – It has a natural Opioid Toxicity, it can; Detoxify – It is know to help the body of dangerous carcinogens.
This product does not have any form of fish in it.
Glucosamine Chondroitin with Turmeric MSM Boswellia – Natural Joint Pain Relief Supplements for Men and Women – Anti-Inflammatory, Cartilage Building, Non-GMO and Gluten Free – 90 Capsules
- Product Names: Glucosamine Chondroitin with Turmeric and MSM
- Manufacturer: Vostok Nutrition
- Sold by: Amazon
- Price: $16.67
- Turmeric – see above explanation
- Boswellia – See above explaination
- MSM – This is a chemical product. It is usually found with Glucosamine & Chondroitin. It is mostly used for knee osteoarthritis.
- Glucosamine Sulfate – this is a sugar protein. It helps to build cartilage. It is a natural substance found in Shellfish and fungus. It is mostly used in treating arthritis.
- Chondroitin – The Arthritis Foundation suggests this product for use by people that have OA. It is a product of the human cartilage and bone. Chondroitin Sulfate usually come from animal cartilage. It was found to be as effective as Celebrex in a 2010 study. Chondroitin also helped relieves pain, replaces water, and may reverse some cartilage loss when used with glucosamine.Quercetin
- Bromelain – There is clinical evidence that Quercetin reduces inflammation and can help prevent infection. Taken together in small doses it is usually used for Interstitial Cystitis Symptoms.
- Methionine – This is one of the building blocks that our bodies use to make proteins. It is an Amino Acid. It is found in meat, fish, and dairy products. When taking acetaminophen if you become poisoned(liver damage), it prevents the breakdown from damaging the liver.
- Cellulose Vegetable Capsules – Cellulose is made from plant material
- Rice Flower
This product is free from: Soy, Wheat, Milk, Eggs, Sweeteners, Corn and Peanuts.
Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric MSM Boswellia – Joint Support Supplement for Relief 180 Tablets – Arazo Nutrition
- Product Names: Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric MSM Boswellia – Joint Support
- Manufacturer: Arazo Nutrition
- Sold by: Amazon
- Price: $19.95
It has in it:
- Chondroitin Sulfate,
- Boswellia Serrata,
- Turmeric (please look above for the description) and
- Hyaluronic Acid – is found in the body naturally. It helps keep tissues cushioned and lubricated. It is found in the skin, joints and connective tissue.
- Calcium Carbonate – is a rock that is finely ground down into powder. It is used as a calcium supplement for gastric antacid.
- Steric Acid – One of the most common saturated fatty acids found in nature. It is used as a hardener to make the pills stick together.
- Silicon Dioxide – This is found in nature. It is silica or quartz. When ground down into a powder it helps to absorb water.
- Vegetable Magnesium Stearate – Magnesium stearate is often used as an anti-adherent in the manufacture of medical tablets.
- Colors – Yellow 5, Red 40, and blue 1.
Nature Made TripleFlex Triple Strength with Vitamin D3 Caplet (Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM) 120 ct
- Product Names: TripleFlex Triple Strength with Vitamin D3
- Manufacturer: Nature Made
- Sold by: Amazon
- Price: $23.82
- MSM. See above description
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) which is Calcium Carbonate which come from rocks. It is used to treat Osteoporosis.
- Hypromellose – Used as a food additive as an emulsifier and thickener. It is a synthetic.
- Color additive – No synthetic dyes, derived from nature
- Silicon Dioxide – see above
- Magnesium Stearate – see above
- Glyceryl Behenate – It is a pharmaceuticals formulation used to lubrication for tables or capsules. It helps the time release process.
- Triethyl Citrate – This is an ester of citric acid.
- Polysorbate 80 –It is a vegetable fat used as a surfactan
- Sodium Citrate – Sodium salt and citric acid used as another emulsifier.
All the above products except Prime, contain shell fish. So if you are allergic to any kind of fish you should not take these products.
These are just 4 of the products that I felt were good to take. If you are allergic to the color on Joint Suggest that you do not take that product.
I hope that breaking down exactly what is in each vitamin has helped.
Please leave me any comments or discussions below.